Roku Troubleshooting guide to get rid of error messages
Are you worried about Roku error codes that pop up on your device display screen? It’s easy to resolve it as we have troubleshooting guidelines for Roku. Get rid of these errors at the earliest, else your streaming will interrupt
Let us explain the guidelines here. Analyze and identify the type of error before you begin Roku troubleshooting
Note that these instructions are applicable for any Roku gadgets that you use
If you are new to Roku and would like to purchase the model, find the reviews to get an idea of the features and specifications
Here is the update on common Roku error codes and Roku troubleshooting tips
What Are The Common Error Codes On Roku?
The error message that popup on your screen is an indication to begin Roku troubleshooting. Here is the list of Roku error codes
Apart from the above-listed codes, other error codes are available and denote a different issue
Roku error code 009
Error code 009 indicates Internet connectivity issues. The device will not detect Internet and Wi-Fi connection
Here is the error message that appear “Unable to connect to wireless network”
To troubleshoot this error code,
- Check the cable connection to ensure that it is secure
- Cross-check if you use a valid username and password
- Device reset is the best option to fix any error that popup
Other internet errors include Roku error code 017 and 018
Error Code 001
It’s the activation issue and can occur due to multiple reasons
Want to know the reason for this error?
- The invalid activation code that you use
- Incorrect activation steps that you execute
It’s easy to avoid this error and you can refer the steps below
- Do not miss any of the activation steps
- If the existing code that you use is not valid, try using a new code
Try pressing the star button of your remote to get a new code
Roku error code 003
Roku gadget that you use will have the compatible software installed. It’s important to update the version regularly
- If your device is brand new, execute the initial and guided setup.
- Once if the network connection is active, the software update is automatic
- Before you begin, connect the device to a high-speed Internet
- Go to Settings >System >System update to run a quick update
Note— The latest streaming gadgets models are updated with the latest software version, OS 9.2
What is Roku error code 014?
If the network that you use is not active or if the software update fails, there is a chance for Roku error code 014 to appear
It’s not a tough task to avoid this error
- You can update the device software to the latest version.
- Use the Roku remote to select the appropriate settings
- Disable the Network pings
Use the high speed and active Internet to connect your device
To fix the Roku error code 011
- Perform a software update and check if you can resolve the error
- Update the device using the Settings >System > System Update
- Do not allow Internet issues to persist, troubleshoot the network problems at the earliest
Reset your streaming gadget
Resetting the device is always good. Soft, hard and factory reset are the available methods
Automatic Reset- Check if the automatic reset settings are available. Enable the settings to run the automatic reset process
Manual reset- Take out the cables connected to the device, disconnect the device from the network and connect it back after a while
How to identify the HDCP error?
You can view a purple screen with an error message, HDCP unauthorized
- Restart your streaming device
- Make sure that you choose or select the exact port to connect HDMI cable
- Always use a premium or good quality cables and it’s good to check the reviews before you purchase
- The latest models will have a different HDMI port (HDMI 1 and HDMI 2). Select the compatible port
- Unplug the HDMI cable and connect it back once again
- Instead of HDMI connection, switch to composite audio & video ports
It’s important to follow HDCP content protection standard and HDCP 2.2 being the latest; you need to know how these regulations play the role to prevent the data threats that arise
It is strictly to abide by the rules and regulations before you get the service from us. We will not encourage the customers to advertise about our website or compel them to purchase our products.